|Why Glass Table Tops?
- Protect your furniture from nicks, scratches, and other possible damage.
- Refresh older pieces with a less permanent option, as compared to stains or paint.
- Glass is beautiful; glass top is an excellent way to add shine to an otherwise dull item.
- Elevate the impact of wood tables or dressers while protecting these investments from scratches, glass rings, sun damage and scuffs.
- Order a tabletop to complete a table, nightstand or even a plant stand.
- Renew old glass table inserts with a glass table replacement; outdoor tables are especially vulnerable to damage and weathering.
Check list for when Glass sits directly on the surface of furniture:
- Recommended glass thickness: 1/4" is the preferred thickness. 3/8" or 1/2"can be used for effect but make sure that the furniture can carry the weight.
- Recommended edge: flat polish is the preferred edge work. However, pencil polish or beveled polish can be used to give accent or a dramatic effect.
- Glass Strength: Annealed glass is sufficient to protect the table but glass can always be tempered for added safety, especially if there are younger kids in the house.